Valley Hope of Norton has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Maintenance Technician to join our dedicated and passionate team!
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time? If so, Valley Hope welcomes you!
Per CMS Interim Rule, all Valley Hope employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical/religious exemption.
WHY JOIN VALLEY HOPE:
For over 50 years, Valley Hope has specialized in providing addiction treatment and recovery services to those in need. We meet our clients where they are with love, compassion and respect, and guide them towards a journey of Recovery. This is the Valley Hope Way!
– Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain building/plant and equipment.
– Provides emergency/unscheduled trouble shooting and repairs of building/plant equipment.
– Performs scheduled maintenance and repairs on building/plant equipment.
– Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
– Performs a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
– Performs remodeling/maintenance of patient rooms, office space and common areas as directed.
– Maintains and repairs facility grounds including yard maintenance and snow removal.
– Maintains records of electrical equipment including dates of purchase, manufacturer, purchase price, preventative maintenance required, repairs needed and safety incidents on all electrical equipment at facility.
– Assists facility leadership in conducting all safety checks of fire and environment of care safety equipment including exit signs, fire suppression systems, sprinkling systems, fire extinguishers, facility exit plans, voltage and water temperature checks and other checks as required. Maintains documentation within maintenance department and provides to leadership or other regulatory body upon request.
– Transports patients as assigned by supervisor.
– Ensures all paints and other flammable materials are stored in accordance with accepted fire regulations.
– Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas that are free from safety or fire hazard.
– Maintains facility vehicles according to organizational direction.
– Maintains tools and equipment in a safe, clean, and proper working condition.
– Prioritizes, schedules, assigns, and reviews work of maintenance team personnel as assigned by supervisor.
– Trains and provides work direction to maintenance team personnel as assigned by supervisor.
– Estimates labor and material costs for work orders, obtains competitive vendor pricing for equipment and supplies needed.
– Assists in the purchase of needed supplies or equipment, staying within an expense budget.
– Assists Business Manager with the planning and implementation of Capital Projects to ensure compliance with safety standards and allocated budget.
– Communicates concerns related to safety, maintenance, building/plant to supervisor or other member of leadership immediately.
– Provides input for department personnel performance reviews to supervisor as directed.
Base pay: $16.38 – $20.48/hr (based on experience and education)
– Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance
– Tuition Assistance – Up to $10K annually; $45K maximum benefit
– Student Loan Repayment
– 8 Paid Holidays (Including 1 Personal Holiday)
– PTO – Up to 25 Days per year based on years of service
– 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
– Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
– Employee Assistance Program
– Supplemental Insurance
And much more!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
– High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
– One (1) year experience as a maintenance technician including mechanical, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting and routine facility maintenance.
– Valid and unrestricted driver’s license is required.
– CPR Certification
– Specialized training in areas of mechanical, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting and routine facility maintenance.
Residential treatment facility setting; requires walking throughout the facility and property grounds.
Able to work non-typical hours, which could include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays including “on call”; able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
Interested candidates may apply at www.valleyhope.org/careers.