Girl Scouts Vision & Mission
Girl Scouts is a non-partisan, inclusive organization. We are the world’s preeminent leadership development organization for girls, building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
An Excellent Opportunity
Have you been looking for a role that combines your talents in sales and relationship-building with a well-known name brand that makes a difference in the lives of others? If you found yourself nodding as you were reading, you are in the right place!
We are looking for someone who possesses the drive to win, success in bringing in more girls and their families to join the Girl Scout movement, and the ability to build lasting relationships in communities, virtually and in person. We are on a mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. The right candidate won’t just be promoting a program. Their work will impact and change future generations!
Spanish speaking a plus!
The Troop Engagement Specialist (TE) interacts directly with troop and Service Unit volunteers in a designated region to communicate with, engage, train, mentor, and support so that volunteers are sufficiently prepared to deliver consistent, high quality program experiences to the girl members they serve.
The Troop Engagement Specialist develops and implements recruitment strategies designed to raise awareness and generate interest in Girl Scouts, resulting in potential membership leads. This position requires extensive day-travel and regular nights and weekends in order to meet, present, and network with community organizations, schools, corporations, educators, faith-based institutions, and other community constituents.
About Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland
· The Troop Engagement Specialist is responsible for working with service unit volunteers to meet new member and retention goals in designated territories. He/she will share (with SU volunteers) and implement recruitment strategies to meet the girl recruitment goals.
· The Troop Engagement Specialist is responsible for identifying community relationships for recruitment opportunities; manage and follow up with contacts in order to convert potential new girl/adult members and volunteer leads; and start new and grow existing troops within a defined geographic area. This position will implement a volunteer and girl retention plan resulting in the retention of both girls and volunteers through targeted communication and support and utilize data/reporting to ensure the membership plan is being executed resulting in strategic success within designated Service Units.
· The Troop Engagement Specialist will work to increase volunteer satisfaction resulting in retention for service unit and troop volunteers. He/she has excellent conflict management skills to secure volunteers work with Council, follow the strategy and plan, and support the Council’s three core goals as well as designated territory goals.
· The Troop Engagement Specialist will assist team in achieving the department goal for Sponsored troops as well as supporting the leaders as we would traditional troops.
· The Troop Engagement Specialist will work with council teams to meet goals within region through relationships with schools, faith-based institutions, and other community partners, resulting in a pipeline for establishing Girl Scout relationships.
· This is a highly cross-functional role that relies on great communication skills, technological savvy, and a willingness to use data to drive work. The Troop Engagement Specialist is goal-oriented and has excellent people/organization and time-management skills. He/she has knowledge of assigned territory and serves as a Girl Scout Ambassador within the community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Answer volunteer questions via phone, email, etc. in a professional and timely manner
· Coordinate lead generation efforts in not only Fall Recruitment but in the team’s yearlong recruitment efforts
· Coordinate support and resources for existing and new volunteers, after the point of placement
· Cultivate relationships into potential leads
· Generate leads and ensure they are entered accurately and successfully into Salesforce
· Maintain certification records for trainings
· Meet with service units and help service unit teams with questions or issues
· Monitor troops and participation in order to maintain Troop and Volunteer Opportunity catalogs
· Network at school and community events to promote council, community and troop activities
· Process volunteer forms according to council procedures
· Provide support for problem solving and conflict resolution
· In partnership with service unit management, schedule and facilitate meetings and presentations with community organizations, schools, corporations, educators, faith-based institutions, and other community constituents
· Send proactive individual and group communications to volunteers
· Strategically recruit to fulfill needs discussed in meetings and outlined in the opportunity catalog
· Strategize, identify and focus on population and/or potential for targeted recruitment
· Support council, regional and functional efforts and events
· Work with a cross-functional team to ensure the effective support of troop leaders