Norton Valley Hope has an exciting career opportunity for an Admission Coordinator to join our newly created Admissions team! The position is full time with starting base pay of $17.25 – $22.50 /hr based on education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage, as well as vacation leave and retirement.
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
- Functions as a key member of the multi-disciplinary admissions team; works collectively to support the needs of prospective patients and to secure VHA as their service provider.
- Serves as primary point of contact for prospective and incoming patients, families, and referral sources; creates a patient-focused experience for those seeking VHA services.
- Utilizes good judgement, critical thinking skills, industry specific knowledge, and customer services skills to solidify commitments and make appropriate placements for prospective patients within VHA programs.
- Provides prospective patients and families with facility tours.
- Conducts initial pre-admissions screening with a focus on gathering preliminary information to identify level of care/services needed and fit with VHA service; utilizes ASAM Criteria to perform high-level screening of mental and physical health status.
- Performs preliminary financial assessment with prospective patients; gathers necessary financial information (including payor source/self-pay options) and processes Verification of Benefits to pre-qualify prospective patients.
- Refers inquires to other agencies and community resources when prospective patients’ needs are not a fit with VHA services.
- Maintains information within identified systems on outside agencies/community resources; coordinates with appropriate process partners with to ensure data is current and accurate.
- Schedules admissions appointments for patients; communicates admissions appointments with appropriate staff/departments to ensure support for incoming patients.
- Assists patients in completing administrative admissions process including obtaining all necessary admissions documentation (demographics, consents, releases, etc.).
- Creates and updates electronic records in identified data tracking/electronic medical records systems for prospective and incoming patients; inputs data in an accurate and timely manner following calls and initial admissions processing.
- Performs follow up calls to prospective patients in support of their treatment needs and securing VHA as their service provider.
- Maintains oversight of bed tracking data including open beds, incoming patients for the day, and discharges for the day.
- Performs various administrative duties in support of the admissions process and admissions team responsibilities (e.g., chart audits; maintenance activities within data tracking systems such as dispositioning of patient call records, records clean up; etc.).
- Serves as back-up support to the Nursing Department for property searches for incoming patients.
Maintains confidentiality of prospective and incoming patient data in accordance with HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2 regulatory requirements.Interested candidate can apply via our website: www.valleyhope.org/careers.
Interested candidates can apply via our website: www.valleyhope.org/careers.