LICENSED ADDICTIONS COUNSELOR
***Sign-On Bonus or Relocation Assistance Available – Up to $5,000***
Norton Valley Hope has an exciting opportunity for a Licensed Counselor to join our dedicated and passionate team on a Full-Time basis.
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time? If so, Valley Hope welcomes you!
Why join Valley Hope?
For over 50 years, Valley Hope has specialized in providing addiction treatment and recovery services to those in need. We meet our clients where they are with love, compassion and respect, and guide them towards a journey of Recovery. This is the Valley Hope Way!
Compensation and Benefits:
Valley Hope offers competitive wages, generous shift differentials, meaningful work and a highly competitive benefits package that includes:
– Up to $5,000 in Sign-On Bonus or Relocation Assistance
– Starting Salary: $45,600 – $61,000 (based on education/experience)
– Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance
– Tuition Assistance – Up to $10K annually; $45K maximum benefit
– 8 Paid Holidays (Including 1 Personal Holiday)
– PTO – Up to 25 Days per year based on years of Services
– 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
– Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
– Employee Assistance Program
– Supplemental Insurance
And much more!
What you’ll do:
– Provide individual and group counseling, therapeutic intervention, and educational lectures to patients and family members.
– Develop, revise, and implement treatment plans.
– Perform assessments of patients’ needs, motivations, and backgrounds; prepares substance abuse bio-psycho-social/assessment summaries.
– Participate on a multi-disciplinary treatment team to include participating in weekly staff meetings, any staff development, and training as required.
– Develop patient progress reports and establish follow-up care for patients and their families as needed.
– Provide clinical consultation to referral resources, mentors, family members, and others to help support patients in their recovery.
– Maintain and demonstrate a current working knowledge of applicable counseling procedures and substance abuse treatment in accordance with company policy and State and Federal guidelines.
– Collect and review referral information upon assignment of patients and consults with others as needed to support coordination of services.
– Record treatment activities and patient observations in patient records accurately and timely;
What you’ll need:
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with emphasis in behavioral sciences, education, or social work.
– Licensed or credential to function as an alcohol and drug treatment counselor in the state in which the Counselor is working.
– Minimum of one (1) year of behavioral healthcare clinical counseling or clinical case management work experience.
– CPR certification is preferred
– Residential treatment facility setting; requires walking throughout the facility.
– Traditional work hours with the need to work evenings, nights, or weekends based on the need of the facility to provide patient care.
– Direct contact with patients.
– Able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time.
– Able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and able to assist an adult weighing 100-250 pounds.
Candidates may apply online at www.valleyhope.org/careers