PATIENT CARE AIDE (PCA): 6:00am – 6:00pm
Norton Valley Hope has an exciting opportunity for a Patient Care Aide to join our dedicated and passionate team!
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time? If so, Valley Hope welcomes you!
Per CMS Interim Rule, all Valley Hope employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical/religious exemption.
WHY JOIN VALLEY HOPE:
For over 50 years, Valley Hope has specialized in providing addiction treatment and recovery services to those in need. We meet our clients where they are with love, compassion and respect, and guide them towards a journey of Recovery. This is the Valley Hope Way!
– Assists nursing staff in providing care for patients in accordance with identified treatment plans.
– Measures vital signs patients and monitors the health of patients.
– Assists patients with everyday needs.
– Communicates with nursing supervisors, nursing staff, and clinical staff regarding patients’ treatment and status.
– Records treatment activities and patient observations in patient records accurately and timely; completes paperwork requirements as needed in an accurate and timely manner.
– Transports patients as needed.
– Maintains a safe and sanitary environment applying infection control techniques and universal precautions.
– Adheres to all policies and procedures regarding patient information protection and HIPPA.
– Maintains and demonstrates a current working knowledge of applicable medical procedures and nursing care based on company policy and State and Federal guidelines.
– Obtains (within first six months of employment) and maintains Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
– Interacts and communicates with others (patients, co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Valley Hope offers competitive wages, generous shift differentials, meaningful work and a highly competitive benefits package that includes:
Starting pay goes up $15.24/hr based on education and experience
Weekend Night: $4.75
– Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance
– Tuition Assistance – Up to $10K annually; $45K maximum benefit
– Student Loan Repayment
– 8 Paid Holidays (Including 1 Personal Holiday)
– PTO – Up to 25 Days per year based on years of Services
– 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
– Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
– Employee Assistance Program
– Supplemental Insurance
And much more!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
– Valid and unrestricted driver’s license is required
– Associate’s degree with an emphasis in nursing preferred.
– One (1) year of work experience in behavioral or healthcare work environment including direct patient care is preferred
– Work experience in substance abuse treatment facility.
– Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification (upon hire or within 6 months of employment)
– Patient Care Technician Certification (PCTC) is preferred
– Residential treatment facility setting; requires walking throughout the facility and may require unloading of food/stock in temperature extremes.
– Able to stand for lengthy periods and to walk including up or down steps or stairs as needed.
– Able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and able to assist an adult weighing 100-250 pounds.
Interested candidates may apply at https://www.valleyhope.org/careers.