CHARGE NURSE (RN): 12-hour shifts (6am – 6pm or 6pm – 6am)
Norton Valley Hope has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our dedicated and passionate team as a Charge Nurse.
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time? If so, Valley Hope welcomes you!
Per CMS Interim Rule, all Valley Hope employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical/religious exemption.
– Assists with the supervision of nursing staff to help ensure appropriate nursing staff continues to be maintained 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with particular focus on the evening shift.
– Assists the Nursing Director in supervising nursing staff including orientation and training, monitoring the quality of treatment documents, providing support during the annual review/goal setting process, as well as providing routine performance feedback and mentoring in support of staff development.
– Provides support to the Nursing Director as needed for medical care including case management and inpatient medical care treatment services.
– Provides assistance as needed to ensure proper and adequate treatment provided during emergencies; follows established policies and procedures for all medical emergencies (i.e., convulsions, suicides, Delirium Tremens, etc.)
– Participates in facility performance improvement activities with an emphasis on medical services and improving nursing care quality. Collaborates with facility management staff to identify and implement improvement activities across the facility.
– Assists with the security, control, and administration of drugs, medications, treatments, and tests as allowed by law.
– Assists the Nursing Director in building the skills and competencies of the nursing staff as needed to meet minimum requirements as specified by customary standards of nursing practice, external accrediting agency guidelines, and internal organizational guidelines.
– Provides feedback as needed to the Nursing Director during the annual budgeting process and throughout the year to manage medical nursing operations according to budget.
Up to $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Starting pay ranges from $31.00 – $38.00/hr based on experience and education
Weekend Night: $4.75
Weekend Day: $1.00
– Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance
– Tuition Assistance – Up to $10K annually; $45K maximum benefit
– Student Loan Repayment
– 8 Paid Holidays (Including 1 Personal Holiday)
– PTO – Up to 25 Days per year based on years of service
– 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
– Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
– Employee Assistance Program
– Supplemental Insurance
And much more!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
– Associate’s degree in nursing is required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred
– Licensed as a Registered Nurse to practice in the state of employment.
– Four (4) plus years of clinical nursing care work experience.
– Four (4) plus years of progressive work and relevant industry experience including one (1) plus years of charge-nurse experience.
– Three (3) plus years of supervisory and/or management experience is preferred.
– Work experience in substance abuse treatment industry is preferred.
– Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and/or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications
– Certified Addictions Registered Nurse (CARN) is preferred.
Interested candidates may apply at https://www.valleyhope.org/careers.