Norton Valley Hope has an exciting opportunity for an Admission Coordinator to join our newly created Admissions team at our Norton facility!
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time? If so, Valley Hope welcomes you!
Per CMS Interim Rule, all Valley Hope employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical/religious exemption.
WHY JOIN VALLEY HOPE:
For over 50 years, Valley Hope has specialized in providing addiction treatment and recovery services to those in need. We meet our clients where they are with love, compassion and respect, and guide them towards a journey of Recovery. This is the Valley Hope Way!
– Serves as primary point of contact for prospective and incoming patients, families, and referral sources; creates a patient-focused experience for those seeking VHA services.
– Utilizes good judgement, critical thinking skills, industry specific knowledge, and customer services skills to solidify commitments and make appropriate placements for prospective patients within VHA programs.
– Provides prospective patients and families with facility tours.
– Conducts initial pre-admissions screening with a focus on gathering preliminary information to identify level of care/services needed and fit with VHA service; utilizes ASAM Criteria to perform high-level screening of mental and physical health status.
– Performs preliminary financial assessment with prospective patients; gathers necessary financial information (including payor source/self-pay options) and processes Verification of Benefits to pre-qualify prospective patients.
– Refers inquires to other agencies and community resources when prospective patients’ needs are not a fit with VHA services.
– Maintains information within identified systems on outside agencies/community resources; coordinates with appropriate process partners with to ensure data is current and accurate.
– Schedules admissions appointments for patients; communicates admissions appointments with appropriate staff/departments to ensure support for incoming patients.
– Assists patients in completing administrative admissions process including obtaining all necessary admissions documentation (demographics, consents, releases, etc.).
– Creates and updates electronic records in identified data tracking/electronic medical records systems for prospective and incoming patients; inputs data in an accurate and timely manner following calls and initial admissions processing.
– Performs follow up calls to prospective patients in support of their treatment needs and securing VHA as their service provider.
– Maintains oversight of bed tracking data including open beds, incoming patients for the day, and discharges for the day.
– Performs various administrative duties in support of the admissions process and admissions team responsibilities (e.g., chart audits; maintenance activities within data tracking systems such as dispositioning of patient call records, records clean up; etc.).
– Serves as back-up support to the Nursing Department for property searches for incoming patients.
– Maintains confidentiality of prospective and incoming patient data in accordance with HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2 regulatory requirements.
Starting Base Pay: $17.25 – $22.50/hr (based on education/experience)
* Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance
* Tuition Assistance – Up to $10K annually; $45K maximum benefit
* 8 Paid Holidays (Including 1 Personal Holiday)
* PTO – Up to 25 Days per year based on years of service
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
* Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Assistance Program
* Supplemental Insurance
And much more!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
One (1) plus years of work experience in behavioral healthcare environment.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
Two (2) plus years of work experience in behavioral healthcare environment and/or within the substance abuse treatment industry.
Work experience as a Behavioral Healthcare Technician, Case Manager, or Peer Support Recovery Specialist
Please apply at www.valleyhope.org/careers