Development Office Administrator
Valley Hope is in search of dedicated professional to join our Valley Hope Foundation team in the role of Development Office Administrator. This is a full-time position with regular hours of 8am – 5pm on Monday – Friday.
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time? If so, Valley Hope welcomes you!
Why join Valley Hope?
For over 50 years, Valley Hope has specialized in providing addiction treatment and recovery services to those in need. We meet our clients where they are with love, compassion and respect, and guide them towards a journey of Recovery. This is the Valley Hope Way!
Compensation and Benefits:
Valley Hope offers competitive wages, generous shift differentials, meaningful work and a highly competitive benefits package that includes:
Starting Base pay: $17.27 to $20.35/hr (based on experience/education)
– Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance
– Tuition Assistance – Up to $10K annually; $45K maximum benefit
– 8 Paid Holidays (Including 1 Personal Holiday)
– PTO – Up to 25 Days per year based on years of Services
– 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
– Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
– Employee Assistance Program
– Supplemental Insurance
What you’ll do:
– Oversees and manages production and quality control of computer data entry, typing, filing, and inter-office mail – distribution.
– Participates in the gift cycle including donor identification, donor cultivation, solicitation and donor appreciation activities.
– Works with Executive Director of Foundation, facility leadership, Alumni Coordinators and Hope Builder Boards in the coordination of fundraising activities and alumni development.
– Assist with administrative duties related to capital campaign and annual fund drive including special events.
– Assists with administrative duties, including setting appointments, generating correspondence and participating in donor stewardship.
– Assist in the administration of foundation distributions and operating expenses.
– Works with Foundation staff to generate and maintain correspondence records.
– Assists with grant research and donor rationale sheets.
– Provides support for the volunteer Hope Builder Boards to maximize board and volunteer effectiveness in fundraising processes.
– Travels as needed to facility/event sites/locations/donors.
– Participate in the deceased protocol tasks.
– Attends and records Foundation Board meetings.
– Assists with the administration of the monthly Foundation memo and alumni newsletters.
– Participates in development training and orientation workshops and seminars.
What you’ll need:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (includes licenses and certifications)
– High School diploma
– One (1) year of work experience with an emphasis on office administration or event planning/project management experience.
– Associate degree with a preference for emphasis in business administration.
– One (1) year fundraising work experience for a non-profit organization.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
– Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate issues.
– Ability to speak effectively before groups of the organization including donors, prospects, volunteers.
– Ability to prioritize competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects.
– Well-developed and proven organizational skills with ability to utilize time efficiently.
– Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build peer and/or team cohesiveness
– Self-directed and motivated to accomplish tasks, meet objectives and committed timelines.
– Ability to work collaboratively with others and build strong relationships; able to create an environment of trust and mutual respect with donors and volunteers.
– Proficient in MS Office applications, which include Outlook, Word and Excel.
– Office setting with traditional hours, weekend and evening hours may be required.
– Sitting for extended periods of time up to 4 hours.
– Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time.
– Able to lift and carry at least 20 pounds
– Able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
– Must be able to travel – estimated at 5-10% of the time.
Candidates may apply at www.valleyhope.org/careers