Valley Hope has an exciting opportunity for a System Administrator to join our dedicated team! This is an on-site position that will office out of Norton, KS or Kansas City, MO.
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time? If so, Valley Hope welcomes you!
WHY JOIN VALLEY HOPE:
For over 50 years, Valley Hope has specialized in providing addiction treatment and recovery services to those in need. We meet our clients where they are with love, compassion and respect, and guide them towards a journey of Recovery. This is the Valley Hope Way!
Compensation and Benefits:
Valley Hope offers competitive wages, generous shift differentials, meaningful work and a highly competitive benefits package that includes:
Starting Salary: $60,000 – $73,000 (based on education/experience and location)
– Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance
– Tuition Assistance – Up to $10K annually; $45K maximum benefit
– 8 Paid Holidays (Including 1 Personal Holiday)
– PTO – Up to 25 Days per year based on years of Services
– 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
– Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
– Employee Assistance Program
– Supplemental Insurance
And much more!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
– Responsible for providing and managing a reliable computing system infrastructure for the working environment.
– Responsible for maintaining, upgrading, monitoring, optimizing, troubleshooting, and supporting systems including computer and servers systems, hardware, approved business software, network, and telecommuting systems.
– Responsible for administering the data backup/archiving and recovery processes; enforcing the disaster recovery protocols when advised.
– Maximizes system uptime and ensure fast, efficient data access to meet business requirements.
– Assists the IS Technology Support Service Manager and the IS Tech Support staff as required to maintain high customer service satisfaction.
– Prioritizes work orders effectively and ensures high quality and quick work order resolution.
– Develops, organize, and maintains documentations of systems and processes (including ticket documentation, system architecture diagrams, etc), for historical and education proposes for continuous growth.
– Recommends and enforces best practices, system policies, and data safeguards to all technical levels to meet regulatory requirements.
– Recommends updates to business continuity and disaster recovery protocols; participates in security audits and makes policy recommendations.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
– Associate’s degree in computer science, information system management, information technology, or related fields, or other technology certified training.
– Three (3) plus years of work experience in computer-systems related discipline or equivalent professional/academic training (with related certification program).
– Advance understanding of information technology systems including various operating systems, system security, databases, data backup/recovery methodologies, scripting tools, and network concepts.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or other related discipline.
– Five (5) plus years of work experience in computer-systems related discipline.
– Desired certifications include: CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Security+, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
– Advance understanding and experience of information technology systems including various operating systems, system security, databases, data backup/recovery methodologies, scripting tools, and network concepts.
Skills & Abilities:
– Demonstrates integrity and trust; with the ability to handle and maintain sensitive and confidential information
– Attention to detail, creativity and latitude.
– Ability to think critically, to evaluate, and to problem-solve complex technical problems.
– Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate technical issues to non-technical management in a way that is understandable, strong presentation skills.
– Ability to work without close supervision; is self-directed and motivated to accomplish tasks, meet objectives and committed timelines.
– Ability to organize and prioritize competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects while being responsive and flexible.
– Ability to listen, collaborate with others, and work under pressure.
– Demonstrated knowledge of penetration and vulnerability tools, firewall protocols, anti-virus software, patch management systems, encryption, data backup/recovery strategies, etc.
– Ability to provide input to requirement analysis and identifies technology to provide product/process stability or improvement.
– Stays current with technology, industry trends, and shares knowledge with the team.
– Proficient in MS Office applications, which include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
– Office setting with traditional hours; must be available after hours for on-call technical support and system/networking emergencies.
– Sitting for extended periods of time.
– Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time.
– Able to lift and carry at least 30 pounds
– Able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
– Must be able to travel – estimated at 5-20% of the time.
Candidates may apply online at www.valleyhope.org/careers