MAJOR GIFTS COORDINATOR:
Valley Hope has an exciting opportunity for a Major Gifts Coordinator to join our Valley Hope Foundation team
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time? If so, Valley Hope welcomes you!
Per CMS Interim Rule, all Valley Hope employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical/religious exemption.
WHY JOIN VALLEY HOPE:
For over 50 years, Valley Hope has specialized in providing addiction treatment and recovery services to those in need. We meet our clients where they are with love, compassion and respect, and guide them towards a journey of Recovery. This is the Valley Hope Way!
– Must be able to travel – estimated at 30-40% of the time.
– The Major Gifts Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing the major donor and planned giving programs to meet the organization’s fundraising goals.
– In partnership with the Foundation Executive Director, leads the effort to complete solicitations for gifts and pledges from individuals, businesses, foundations and trusts.
– Responsible for the growth of the Planned Giving program.
– Manages and maintains a portfolio of prospective and individual donors to cultivate, solicit and steward.
– Responsible for developing, written proposals and auxiliary materials for major gift solicitations including those for individuals, businesses, foundations and trusts.
– Travels to engage major gift prospects, cultivation, solicitation and appreciation activities.
– Develops and implements individualized cultivation and solicitation strategies for major gift prospects.
– Maintains major gift tracking reports which record and track information related to major gift donor prospects, priority prospects, asks-on-the-table, and gifts and pledges.
– Monitors fundraising financial reports tracking the status of gifts and pledges so that appropriate and effective management of major gifts and pledges are completed.
– Ensures appropriate donor appreciation and recognition activities are completed in a timely and thoughtful manner to foster relationships with major gift donors.
– Works collaboratively with the Foundation Executive Director to manage tracking and engagement of major gift donors.
– Works to understand and embrace organization’s mission and vision of service to its clients and it’s programs and initiatives provided by the organization.
– Produces materials and tools to communicate regularly with donors and supporters and potential partners.
– Identifies opportunities to network with donors and prospects.
– Be a positive ambassador to Valley Hope and the services we provide.
– Responsible for grant research, writing and submission.
– Assists with administrative tasks as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: Associate degree
Two (2) years of work experience with an emphasis on Business Administration
Unrestricted Driver’s License
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Business Administration, Communications or Non-Profit Leadership Studies.
Two (2) years fundraising work experience for a non-profit organization including major gift solicitation.
Base pay: $45,000 – $59,000 (based on experience/education and location)
– Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance
– Tuition Assistance – Up to $10K annually; $45K maximum benefit
– Student Loan Repayment
– 8 Paid Holidays (Including 1 Personal Holiday)
– PTO – Up to 25 Days per year based on years of service
– 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
– Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
– Employee Assistance Program
– Supplemental Insurance
And much more!
Office setting with traditional hours, weekend and evening hours may be needed on occasion.
Must be able to travel – estimated at 30-40% of the time.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
– Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate issues.
– Strong interpersonal communication skills
– Proven ability to prospect, cultivate and manage relationships with donors.
– Well-developed and proven organizational skills with ability to utilize time efficiently.
– Self-directed and motivated to accomplish tasks and meet objectives.
– Proficient in MS Office applications, which include Outlook, Word and Excel. Experience with a donor database software is preferred.
Please apply at www.valleyhope.org/careers.