Director of Membership Engagement
Smoky Hills PBS is seeking a Director of Membership Engagement. This position will lead our
membership department in recruiting, cultivating and retaining members.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Supervise and manage the membership department and staff
• Coordinate and plan all membership campaigns, including direct marketing, digital marketing,
special events engagement, on-air campaigns and membership services
• Manage budget, expenses and reports of the membership department
• Develop and implement new membership recruitment ideas
• Develop plans to increase sustaining membership
• Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward all major donors and planned gifts
• Understanding and managing CRM software to raise funds and meet goals
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a
non-profit, marketing, or public media setting
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrates skills in creative fundraising and marketing with proven success in meeting
• Experience with membership acquisition, cultivation and retention
• Ability to participate in events frequently including some evenings and weekends
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently with a goal-oriented work ethic
The Director of Membership Engagement will be a full time position. Compensation will be based on
education and experience. Employee benefits include vacation leave, sick leave, paid holidays,
health and dental insurance, and KPERS retirement plan.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Position open until
filled. EEO employer.