We’re seeking a sharp legal assistant for our busy small law firm who can help our three attorneys assist clients and keep the office running smoothly.
· Help with creating a variety of litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when necessary.
· Manage office correspondence and administrative tasks such as answering and making phone calls, communicating with opposing attorney offices, making and responding to emails, reminding the attorneys of upcoming deadlines, and preparation of documents for attachments to pleadings and for court appearances.
· Learn the attorneys time keeping, billing and accounts receivable system and manage such billings.
· Be willing to take on any other necessary administrative tasks to help the firm run smoothly.
· Maintain sensitive and confidential information.
· Provide professional customer service to clients and public; communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· High School diploma or GED required, supplemented by specialized business, legal, administrative, or technical course work required. Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Have experience with operation of computers, scanners and related software and business applications including, but not limited to: word processing, spreadsheets, Web browser, email, fax, imaging and scanning. Be familiar with Word, Excel, Power-Point and Outlook.
· Successful background check required.
· Possession of, or ability to obtain, certification as a Notary Public preferred.
· Applicants must be able to type 50 words per minute or faster.
Salary commensurate with skills. Please send a resume with three references to Karen Griffiths at firstname.lastname@example.org.