Norton Valley Hope has an exciting opportunity for an Admission Coordinator to join our newly created Admissions team!
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time? Do you want a rewarding career in a close-knit and fun-loving environment? If so, Norton Valley Hope, a staple of the community for over 55 years, welcomes you.
Valley Hope of Norton is the ORIGINAL Valley Hope, and we take great pride in that. The story of Valley Hope begins and continues on the grounds we work every day.
Per CMS Interim Rule, all Valley Hope employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical/religious exemption.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience.
One (1) plus years of experience in a similar position and/or healthcare environment.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/First Aid Certification.
Two (2) plus years of work experience in a similar position and/or healthcare environment or within the substance abuse treatment industry.
Work experience as a Behavioral Healthcare Technician, Case Manager or Peer Support Recovery Specialist.
Starting Base Pay: $17.25 – $22.50/hr (based on education/experience)
– Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance
– Tuition Assistance – Up to $10K annually; $45K maximum benefit
– Student Loan Repayment
– Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Eligible Employer
– 8 Paid Holidays (Including 1 Personal Holiday)
– PTO – Up to 22 Days per year based on years of service
– Paid Parental Leave
– 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
– Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
– Employee Assistance Program
– And much more!
– Functions as a key member of the multi-disciplinary admissions team; works collectively to support the needs of prospective patients and to secure VHA as their service provider.
– Serves as primary point of contact for prospective and incoming patients, families, and referral sources; creates a patient-focused experience for those seeking VHA services.
– Utilizes good judgement, critical thinking skills, industry specific knowledge, and customer services skills to solidify commitments and make appropriate placements for prospective patients within VHA programs.
– Provides prospective patients and families with facility tours.
– Conducts initial pre-admissions screening with a focus on gathering preliminary information to identify level of care/services needed and fit with VHA service; utilizes ASAM Criteria to perform high-level screening of mental and physical health status.
– Performs preliminary financial assessment with prospective patients; gathers necessary financial information (including payor source/self-pay options) and processes Verification of Benefits to pre-qualify prospective patients.
– Refers inquires to other agencies and community resources when prospective patients’ needs are not a fit with VHA services.
– Maintains information within identified systems on outside agencies/community resources; coordinates with appropriate process partners with to ensure data is current and accurate.
– Schedules admissions appointments for patients; communicates admissions appointments with appropriate staff/departments to ensure support for incoming patients.
– Assists patients in completing administrative admissions process including obtaining all necessary admissions documentation (demographics, consents, releases, etc.).
– Creates and updates electronic records in identified data tracking/electronic medical records systems for prospective and incoming patients; inputs data in an accurate and timely manner following calls and initial admissions processing.
– Performs follow up calls to prospective patients in support of their treatment needs and securing VHA as their service provider.
– Maintains oversight of bed tracking data including open beds, incoming patients for the day, and discharges for the day.
– Performs various administrative duties in support of the admissions process and admissions team responsibilities (e.g., chart audits; maintenance activities within data tracking systems such as dispositioning of patient call records, records clean up; etc.).
– Serves as back-up support to the Nursing Department for property searches for incoming patients.
– Maintains confidentiality of prospective and incoming patient data in accordance with HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2 regulatory requirements.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
– Strong interpersonal and customer services skills with the ability to build strong and mutually beneficial relationships with relevant parties.
– Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to speak effectively with patient, peers, employees, and leadership.
– Ability to manage difficult or emotional situations within self, including managing conflict situations in a professional manner.
– Self-directed and motivated to accomplish tasks, meet objectives and committed timelines.
– Ability to think analytically and apply critical thinking skills to issues; ability to thinks creatively and meet challenges with resourcefulness
– Ability to prioritize competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects while being responsive and flexible.
– Responsive and flexible; ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and modify approaches or methods to best fit the situation.
– Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
– Proficient in MS Office applications, which include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Interested candidates may apply at www.valleyhope.org/careers
CHECK US OUT! :
Valley Hope Web Page: https://valleyhope.org/
Valley Hope Talent Network: https://valleyhope.jobs.net/