Norton County Hospital has a full-time, on-site employment opportunity for a Medical Coder. The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week. Must be detail-oriented, a team player, self-motivated, and have excellent communication and computer skills. Qualified applicate must have high school diploma/GED. Training is available to this position. Preferred qualifications include post-secondary degree or experience in medical records, medical terminology, medical coding, or claims/billing for a medical office.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Assign codes to diagnoses and procedures, using ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases) and CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) codes
• Ensure codes are accurate and sequenced correctly in accordance with government and insurance regulations
• Follow up with the provider on any documentation that is insufficient or unclear
• Communicate with other clinical staff regarding documentation
• Search for information in cases where the coding is complex or unusual
• Receive and review patient charts and documents for accuracy
• Review the previous day’s batch of patient notes for evaluation and coding
• Ensure that all codes are current and active
Benefit package includes paid time off (PTO), BCBS health insurance, various supplemental insurances, and KPERS retirement, life insurance, and long-term disability.
Applications can be picked up at the Hospital Admissions Desk, requested by email from firstname.lastname@example.org, or printed from the Employment Opportunities page on our website www.ntcohosp.com. Please return application to Shannan Hempler, Human Resources, Norton County Hospital, P.O. Box 250, Norton, Kansas 67654 or emailed to email@example.com. EOE.