Norton County Hospital has a full-time career opportunity for a Medical Coder. The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week. Must be a team player, be self-motivated, and have excellent communication and computer skills. Qualified applicate must have high school diploma/GED and great attention to detail. Preferred qualifications include post-secondary degree or experience in medical records, medical coding, or claims/billing for a medical office.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Coding and abstracting of patient encounters, including diagnostic and procedural information, significant reportable elements, and complications.
· Reviews and verifies documentation supports diagnoses, procedures, and treatment results.
· Analyzes medical records and identifies documentation deficiencies.
· Researches, analyzes, recommends, and facilitates plan of action to correct discrepancies and prevent future coding
· Researches and analyzes data needs for reimbursement.
· Serves as coding consultant to care providers and a resource and subject matter expert to other coding staff
· Follows current coding conventions and assists with orienting, training, and mentoring staff.
· Handles special projects as requested.
Benefit package includes paid time off (PTO), BCBS health insurance, various supplemental insurances, and KPERS retirement, life insurance, and long-term disability.
Applications can be picked up at the Hospital Admissions Desk, requested by email from email@example.com, or printed from the Employment Opportunities page on our website www.ntcohosp.com. Please return application to Shannan Hempler, Human Resources, Norton County Hospital, P.O. Box 250, Norton, Kansas 67654 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.