The Norton City/County Economic Development Administrative Assistant is a full-time position providing support to the Director. Duties include general clerical, receptionist, and project-based work. The successful candidate must have strong organizational skills, the ability to complete tasks by established deadlines, project a professional image through in-person and phone interaction and must maintain client confidentiality.
1. Answer the telephone.
2. Meet and greet clients and visitors.
3. Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office / Excel.
4. Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
5. Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
6. Setup and coordinate meetings.
7. Arrange travel accommodations.
8. Create and submit monthly expense vouchers.
9. Update information on our template websites.
10. Support staff in assigned project-based work.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Advanced reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. College education and grant writing experience preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat, internet, email, template website maintenance and telephone protocol required. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
The Norton City/County Economic Development Administrative Assistant position is a full-time position. Hours are typically 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Attendance at some evening meetings may be required. Pay based upon experience.
Norton County benefits include vacation /sick time, 8 paid holidays, single health insurance plan, vision and dental insurance.
Send resume to NC/CED, 205 S State Street, Norton, KS 67654 or email to Dallas@nortoncountyks.gov.