Looking for Something Different? At Nex-Tech Wireless, we’re always working to bring the latest technology to the communities we serve. Join our hometown team as an IT Support Technician (I, II, III depending on skillset/experience) and provide daily end-to-end technology support with an emphasis on core network infrastructure. This individual will be expected to specialize in Networking or Server Administration and assist in other areas as requested by management. This position is based in Hays, Kansas.
We are seeking skilled candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot core network infrastructure.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot the server environment including physical and virtual servers, storage arrays, consoles, and related hardware.
- Configure and maintain software applications including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and vendor-specific applications.
- Perform backups, security software updates, configuration changes, upgrades, and migrations for all network hardware.
- Ensure accurate monitoring and inventory of all technology assets in use by the company.
- Conduct hardware maintenance on various assets including telephony, security, and access control systems.
- Create and maintain appropriate network, systems, and troubleshooting documentation.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong technical and analytic skillset and motivation for constant development and growth of this skillset.
- Demonstrated proficiency in systems, networking concepts (routing, firewalls, VLANs, etc.), and relevant software suites.
- Experience with or knowledge of Microsoft Exchange or other Microsoft service applications, endpoint security programs, and VMware products preferred.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as Azure, AWS, or similar services beneficial.
- CompTIA, CCNA, or similar certifications beneficial.
- A background check will be required for this position.
- Applicant must live in or be willing to relocate to within a 30-mile radius of Hays, Kansas.
We proudly offer:
- Competitive pay
- A fun work environment
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life, and AD&D Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Employee DiscountsHow to apply: Submit an online application at https://www.nex-techwireless.com/job-application and send a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nex-Tech Wireless is an EEO employer.
About Nex-Tech Wireless, LLC
Nex-Tech Wireless is a premiere wireless provider offering wireless solutions to residents in over 40 counties of central and western Kansas. Nex-Tech Wireless’ mission is to provide an unrivaled customer experience by bringing trusted technology and superior service to our hometowns. To learn more about Nex-Tech Wireless please visit: www.nex-techwireless.com or call 1-800-621-2600.