Please be advised that the Water Appropriation Program is seeking applicants for Administrative Assistant position located at the Kansas Department of Agriculture Stockton Field Office in Rooks County, Kansas. Below is a summary of the position:
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
This position will remain posted until filled. Location: Rooks County
This position will scan all water right files into a document management system currently known as docuware. The employee will ensure that the files are properly scanned with regard to paper type, color necessity and/ or size. The employee and supervisor or other assigned staff will QA/QC the scanned documents.
Prepares correspondence as requested by the supervisor or other field staff. Prepares internal reports, vouchers, purchase orders etc. as required by the office. Proofreads documents. Serves as the receptionist for the office by greeting the general public as well as answering all incoming telephone calls. Must be familiar with various functions of the office in order to direct the public and telephone calls to appropriate office staff.
Processes and dates all incoming regular mail/fax documents as received and distributes to appropriate office staff for review. Prepares all outgoing mail and documents. Maintains office filing system current by filing all materials or copies on a regular basis, creates new files and updates system as necessary to accommodate changes. Files all folders and work maps on a daily basis. Maintains adequate supply of standard office supplies and materials. Performs other related duties or assists with special projects as assigned by the Water Commissioner.
• One year of experience in general office, clerical and administrative support work. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
• Infrequent instate travel for short periods, including overnight, may also be required.
• Ability to extract, analyze, and complex technical information from a variety of sources is preferred.
• Good written and verbal communications skills are strongly preferred.
• Must be able to multitask.
• Valid driver’s license
• Annual Salary Range: $25,688 Per Year
• Hourly Pay Range: $12.35 Per Hour
* Salary can vary depending upon education, experience, or qualifications.
For more information, visit the website at https://jobs.sok.ks.gov/