Ellis County Emergency Medical Service is hiring multiple full-time professional EMTs, AEMTs and Paramedics who have a passion for pre-hospital patient care. When you join our dynamic team of EMS professionals, you’ll receive great benefits, and ongoing training and support to develop your skills and care for the community.
Under the general supervision of the Paramedic/Shift Supervisor, the EMTs and AEMTs perform general duties of emergency medical and ambulance service. Work follows prescribed policies and procedures and is supervised by a superior officer. In addition, Paramedics perform specialized medical treatment and administer drugs and may supervise subordinate personnel in the absence of a shift supervisor. Essential job functions vary by Certification Level.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of emergency medical care and ambulance procedures.
- Knowledge of city and county geography.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Ability to analyze field situations and determine appropriate action.
- Ability to drive an ambulance, operate a two-way radio, splinting equipment, Life Pak, and other related equipment.
- Possess a valid Kansas EMT, AEMT, or Paramedic license
- Possess a valid Kansas driver’s license
- Up to a $3000.00 Sign-On Bonus
- $2000.00 Relocation Stipend
- Holiday Pay, Longevity Pay, Generous Paid Time Off (Accumulate 264 hours your first year!)
- Company Sponsored Health Insurance and Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Supplemental Insurance Offerings
- Employee Assistance Program
- KP&F Retirement and Deferred Compensation Plan
- Opportunity to advance with paid tuition for AEMT or Paramedic Course
- Free CE classes that exceed required hours for certification renewal
- Free ACLS, CPR, and PALS renewal
- Stryker load systems (lift patients with the push of a button)
- Exceptional equipment and trucks
How to Apply: Ellis County, KS is an EOE. View the complete job details and submit your Ellis County application with resume attachment online https://www.ellisco.net/jobs.aspx
Ellis County paper applications may also be delivered with your resume to Ellis County KS Administrative Center, C/O Human Resources, 718 Main Street, Hays, KS 67601. Applicants may direct questions to Danita Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-628-9461.
About Ellis County
"Ellis County: Let us serve you." As Ellis County employees, we provide a variety of public services to our community. The home of over 28,000 residents with a retail trade area of over 75,000, Ellis County features an economic blend of higher education, manufacturing, healthcare, agriculture, oil production, tourism, and is a retail hub for Northwest Kansas. Ellis County is located on I-70 roughly halfway between Kansas City and Denver.
Find your fit in one of our many departments: Administration, Appraiser, Attorney, Building and Grounds, Clerk, EMS, Environmental, Fire/Emergency Management, Health, Information Technology, Landfill, Noxious Weed, Public Works, Register of Deeds, Sheriff, and Treasury!