Weed Control Technician I Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Weed Control Supervisor, the Weed Control Technician I performs semi-skilled manual work in the control and eradication of noxious weeds. Work involves operating a variety of light, specialized equipment and performing related manual tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
• Operates single-axle and tandem-axle sprayer truck;
• Sprays infected areas with chemical solutions;
• Patrols designated areas in order to locate noxious weeds;
• Sells chemicals to local citizens;
• Assists in the office in the absence of office personnel;
• Performs computerized chemical sales and advises on proper rates and contact with public on proper usage;
• Completes reports and forms as required;
• Assists with mechanical duties toward the care and maintenance of equipment;
• Performs routine vehicle and equipment maintenance; and
• Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
Minimum Requirements: High School Diploma or GED and six months of experience in chemical applications are required. A Class B commercial driver’s license with tanker endorsement is required.
- Working for Ellis County provides an opportunity to do meaningful work in a stable environment. Careers in local government allow you to impact your community in a BIG way!
- Employer sponsored health and dental insurance + vision plan offerings, employer sponsored life insurance, KPERS retirement-disability-life insurance, voluntary deferred compensation plan with employer contributions, 10 paid holidays, longevity bonus and service recognition, and other supplemental plan offerings.
- Flexible paid time off (starting at 168 hours accrued your first year) and employee assistance plan for work/life support.
- Supportive team environment, training and development offerings, and tuition assistance for approved courses/certifications to assist with career advancement goals.
How to Apply: Ellis County is an EOE. View the expanded job description and submit your Ellis County application and resume online. Ellis County Paper applications with resume may also be delivered or mailed to Ellis County KS Administrative Center, C/O Human Resources, 718 Main Street, Hays, KS 67601
About Ellis County
"Ellis County: Let us serve you." As Ellis County employees, we provide a variety of public services to our community. The home of over 28,000 residents with a retail trade area of over 75,000, Ellis County features an economic blend of higher education, manufacturing, healthcare, agriculture, oil production, tourism, and is a retail hub for Northwest Kansas. Ellis County is located on I-70 roughly halfway between Kansas City and Denver.
Find your fit in one of our many departments: Administration, Appraiser, Attorney, Building and Grounds, Clerk, EMS, Environmental, Fire/Emergency Management, Health, Information Technology, Landfill, Noxious Weed, Public Works, Register of Deeds, Sheriff, and Treasury!