Ellis County is hiring a full-time Maintenance Technician! Facilities Maintenance Technician Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Lead Facilities Maintenance Technician, the general maintenance and repair technician performs semi-skilled and unskilled building maintenance work in the care of the Ellis County Courthouse and related buildings. Work involves general upkeep on building interiors and exteriors, lighting, plumbing and electrical systems as well as ground maintenance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Paints and repairs interior walls;
- Sanitizes and deodorizes bathrooms;
- Maintains paper towels, toilet paper, soap dispensers and other supplies;
- Empties ashtrays and trash cans;
- Vacuums carpets and tiled offices;
- Cleans, wet mops and waxes floors;
- Cleans glass;
- Sets up tables and chairs for special functions and events;
- Mows grass, dumps trash and removes snow in the winter;
- Makes rounds to collect and dump recycled and computer paper;
- Planting and landscaping of grounds;
- Performs minor carpentry work for departments;
- Performs minor elevator repairs;
- Performs some plumbing work;
- Gathers and disposes of bio-hazardous and infectious waste;
- Assists county employees and general public with unrelated custodial problems;
- Serves as on call after hours;
- Works without supervision;
- Serves in charge when department head is absent; and
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Regular attendance is required. This position will regularly work a Monday – Friday, 5:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. schedule. Emergencies such as adverse weather may alter the work schedule or require overtime for this position.
- Working for Ellis County provides an opportunity to do meaningful work in a stable environment. Careers in local government allow you to impact your community in a BIG way!
- Employer sponsored health and dental insurance + vision plan offerings, employer sponsored life insurance, KPERS retirement-disability-life insurance, voluntary deferred compensation plan with employer contributions, 10 paid holidays, longevity bonus and service recognition, and other supplemental plan offerings.
- Flexible paid time off (starting at 168 hours accrued your first year) and employee assistance plan for work/life support.
- Supportive team environment, training and development offerings, and tuition assistance for approved courses/certifications to assist with career advancement goals.
How to Apply: Ellis County is an EOE. View the expanded job description and submit your Ellis County application online. https://www.ellisco.net/Jobs Ellis County Paper applications may also be delivered or mailed to Ellis County KS Administrative Center, C/O Human Resources, 718 Main Street, Hays, KS 67601
About Ellis County
"Ellis County: Let us serve you." As Ellis County employees, we provide a variety of public services to our community. The home of over 28,000 residents with a retail trade area of over 75,000, Ellis County features an economic blend of higher education, manufacturing, healthcare, agriculture, oil production, tourism, and is a retail hub for Northwest Kansas. Ellis County is located on I-70 roughly halfway between Kansas City and Denver.
Find your fit in one of our many departments: Administration, Appraiser, Attorney, Building and Grounds, Clerk, EMS, Environmental, Fire/Emergency Management, Health, Information Technology, Landfill, Noxious Weed, Public Works, Register of Deeds, Sheriff, and Treasury!