Colby Community College is accepting applications for a full-time Custodian.
Under the supervision of the Director of Buildings and Grounds, the custodian performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled custodial activities for the purpose of maintaining the proper appearance of the interiors of college facilities.
- Performs custodial activities to include, but not limited to general cleaning of buildings, restrooms and classrooms.
- Assists grounds maintenance during inclement weather.
- Maintains safe and efficient working condition of equipment; reports preventative maintenance needs to maintenance personnel as necessary.
- Accurately records data to maintain inventory for cleaning chemicals, supplies, and paper goods.
- Supports the daily operation of the custodial team and fulfills other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of safe operation and preventative maintenance of equipment commonly used when performing custodial tasks.
- Ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate physical strength.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions with the capacity to read and interpret labels, follow oral and written communication, and work independently.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations of students, faculty, staff and external
$10.50 per hour, with potential to $11.00 after a 90-day evaluation.
Flexible benefits program that includes options for single and family health and dental coverage, life insurance, reimbursement accounts, sick and vacation leave allowances, along with 21 days of holiday pay. Participation in the state retirement program is required.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in custodial work preferred
Most work is performed in environmentally controlled buildings. Exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dust, mists, gases, and hazardous chemical exists.
Must be able to work 4 p.m.-12 a.m. during the academic year and 7 a.m.-4 p.m. during summer months.
Open until filled. To apply send an application letter, resume, and all academic transcripts to:
Colby Community College
Attn: Human Resources
1255 S. Range
Colby, KS 67701
Application materials may be emailed to email@example.com.
CCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversifying its workforce and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans. The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
About Colby Community College
Colby Community College is located in northwest Kansas, approximately 50 miles from the Nebraska and Colorado borders. From a humble beginning of the 99 students in 1964, CCC now serves more than 1900 students annually.
In addition to a 57-acre main campus, CCC has a 60-acre farm used as a hands-on laboratory and training facility. The college also accommodates hundreds of off-campus students through face-to-face, online, and hybrid courses.
A number of studies conclude CCC is a solid educational investment. Colby has a strong history of student performance and ranks near the top for graduation and retention rates among all Kansas community colleges.