Human Resources Professional
|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Fairly willing to travel|
I am a results oriented professional (BS Education) who has been consistently praised as adaptable by my co-workers and management. Over the course of my career, I’ve developed a skill set directly relevant to the role you are hiring for, including training/development, team leadership/motivation, and compliance management. Overall, I have consistently demonstrated problem-solving, leadership, and communication abilities in every aspect of my Human Resources role with Worthington Industries, and I invite you to review my attached resume.
After reviewing my resume, I hope you will agree that I am the type of competent and competitive candidate you are looking for. I look forward to elaborating on how my specific skills and abilities will benefit your organization. Please contact me at 620-521-1190 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a perfect meeting time.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Fort Hays State University – (1998-2000) Bachelor’s of Science
KLETC – Law Enforcement Certification (2003)
Dodge City Community College – (1995-1998) Associate of Arts
HUMAN RESOURCES REPRESENTATIVE
(Worthington Industries, Inc.) Garden City, KS
· Benefit Administration (At an intermediate level; communicated, explained and answered employees questions regarding the benefit plans, completed and filed necessary forms, conducted new hire benefit and Deferred Profit Sharing Plan orientations, orchestrated and hosted realistic job previews, conducted employee exit process, conducted open enrollment sessions, informs employees and managers about Employee Assistance Program services, explained and complied with HIPAA, managed FMLA and assisted supervisors administer the Salary Plan fairly and ensured timely filing of Short and Long Term Disability claim forms, etc.) Assists Corporate Benefits with promotional activities such as wellness program and new vendor programs by presenting materials. Educated employees on the importance of saving for retirement and promoted employee deposits to receive company match. Counseled employees on benefit choices.
· Created and facilitated Wellness Committee monthly meetings and lead key wellness initiatives and community service projects
· Safety Committee Member-Assisted with safety audits, WIEMS training
· Payroll Administration (Time, tax and wage entry, processing of payroll information, garnishments, process Payroll Change Authorizations, Child Support Levy’s)
· Recruitment and selection (Background Job postings, background screening, interviewing, employment eligibility verification, selection process, physical exams, and drug testing, etc.) Recommends candidates for interview and may recommend for hire.
· Workers compensation & Safety administration (Gathering information, ETRAX entry and maintenance, completing necessary forms for manager’s review prior to submission and filing, etc.
· Unemployment compensation administration
· Attendance Tracking & Reporting, monthly random drug test selection tracking and enforcement to assure policy compliance, health fairs, wellness initiatives, banquets, picnics attendance, service awards, recognition awards, assist with boot, safety glasses, and uniform reimbursement program management, etc.
SCHOOL TEACHER- (KCSL HEAD START) Garden City, KS
Academically equip students with the skill set they will need to succeed in Kindergarten and beyond.
SALES ASSOCIATE- (CJ BANKS) Garden City, KS
Supported team members, met the needs of fashion clientele, functioned as cashier, put out new shipment as it arrived, and provided a clean atmosphere for clients to shop in.
CO-OWNER/CO-MGR- (TIGER LANES BOWLING ALLEY) Ulysses, KS
Co-owned and managed staff, assisted with day to day operations and maintenance of bowling alley.
SUBSTITUTE SCHOOL TEACHER (ULYSSES SCHOOL DISTRICT) Ulysses, KS
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (SODEXO) Garden City, KS
Performed professional level human resources work and carried out responsibilities in one or more functional areas, such as, staffing, employee relations, compensation, training, payroll, finance management, employment, labor relations, safety, affirmative action and employment equity programs, and personnel research. Advised employee and management personnel on the interpretation of personnel policies, programs, and procedures. Carried out administrative work involving the human resources functions and maintains related records. Ensured that programs were carried out in accordance with company’s policies and procedures. Analyzed and provided advice to supervisors and managers on methods and approaches to resolve employee work problems. Devised presentations to explain the purpose and goal and to seek compliance and understanding of human resources policies. Served as Sodexo Human Resources District Champion for area 337. Provided other human resources services as needed.
(GARDEN SURGICAL ASSOCIATES – Dr. Rink/Dr. Kessler) Garden City, KS
Maintained schedules and appointment calendars for three separate surgeons. Performed daily clerical functions: phones typing, filing, tracking patient care in clinic charts, and customer service. Responsible for logging all incoming payments and daily reconciliation for two separate doctors. Drafting and logging of all weekly correspondence to various doctors regarding referred patients. Preparing charts a week ahead of time. Consistently demonstrates ability to be extremely productive in a high volume, high stress environment
GARDEN CITY OUTPATIENT SCHEDULER
(St. Catherine Hospital) Garden City, KS
Managed scheduling systems for all Radiology testing teams, OSB nursing staff, and Outpatient Physical and Occupational Therapy departments. Effectively collaborated with doctors’ offices, St. Catherine department staff, and patients to assure services were done in a timely manner in efforts to provide quality patient care.
ER – REGISTRATION CLERK (St. Catherine Hospital)
Collected patient data in a calm and efficient manner and updated patient information in Meditech System. Assisted staff and patients in helping to make patients comfortable as possible in high stress situations.
VOCATIONAL CASE MANAGER-
(Compass Behavioral Health) Garden City, KS
Performed as instructor, mentor, and advisor to adults diagnosed with Severe and Persistent Mental Illnesses (SPMI). Educationally facilitated individuals with SPMI throughout their quest for academic excellence. Assisted clients with developing and maintaining skills needed to function as an independent member of society in a community based setting. Devised educational curriculum, coordinated fund raising events, devised tracking system geared to monitor progress of clients, medication monitoring , daily dictation, note posting, monthly Psycho-Social Group notations on each individual, assist other staff with
needs. Develop and maintain good rapport with business owners/managers throughout the community. Serve as liaison between the client seeking to attain/maintain their job of choice and the employer. Demonstrated ability to keep current with A.D.A. laws enforced by the E.E.O.C.
(Garden City Police Department) Garden City, KS
Protector of society sworn to enforce and uphold the law in an equal and fair manner. Responsible for
the lives and property of all within the city of Garden City.
(Sacred Heart Catholic School) – Dodge City, KS
Taught Speech, Religion, Family Living, Literature, and Writing Composition to seventh and eighth graders. Organized cooperative learning activities. Implemented portfolio grading system in Literature classes. Incorporated new curriculum for speech class. Tutored students seeking additional guidance with course work. Conducted individual student conferences. Wrote and taught dynamic lesson plans. Competent at implementing effective classroom management skills and teaching multiple levels of instruction. Adapted to versatile situations at a moment’s notice and maintained order within the classroom during moment of crisis
CSR (Dillons) -Dodge City, KS
Supervised and trained front end employees. Delegated and inspected front end operations. Consistently and effectively met the needs of clientele. Utilized Western Union, US Postal Services, cash registers and computer on daily basis. Answered inbound calls in support of customer needs. Conveyed in a reassuring manner step by step instructions to resolve application issues. Adhered to government monetary regulations
- Seven years experience with Human Resources and related experience
- benefits administration, Communication, team management, training and development
Groups & Associations
1645 total views, 4 today