Family Studies and Human Services
I will graduate in May 2015 with a B.S. degree in Family Studies and Human Services and a Minor in Leadership Studies. I have a passion for working with young children, and have worked with children for a consecutive amount of years.
Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS May 2015
B.S. in Family Studies and Human Services
Minor: Leadership Studies
Childcare/ Youth Development Experience
Pre-school teachers aid August 2010-May 2011
• Helped a child learn how to translate Spanish concepts to English.
• Assisting young children in the bathroom and helping them understand that boys shared a different bathroom than girls because they are biologically different.
Rolla Recreation Commission, Rolla, KS May 2009-August 2014
• Lifeguard- Interacted with children and adults of all ages; ex: Taught basic swimming skills to infants and ended with aerobics for adults.
• Witnessed developmental change; ex: Observing that a child has grown in height after a one year span.
Additional Work Experience
Server, Pizza Hut, Manhattan, KS September 2011-Present
• Communicated with customers of all ages.
• Applied current developmental area and age range; For example: Understanding that children can be impatient when they are hungry and thirsty
Habitat for Humanity January 2014-May 2014
• Set up fundraising events to help this organization continue to grow.
Vacation Bible School Leader July 2008-July 2010
• Interacted with children of all ages and helped them have fun while learning how to follow the rules with activities inside the church and outside.
American Red cross Volunteer 2009-2011
• Helped set up blood drives and assisted donors.
- Computer skills August 2011-Present
- • Mastery of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- • Ability to work with several operating systems, including Windows, and Mac OSX.
- First Aid and CPR certified May 2009-Present
- English, Spanish
1466 total views, 1 today