|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Fairly willing to travel|
• Knowledgeable of OSHA regulations. Received “Safety Excellence Award” from Hormel.
• Extensive use of team member evaluations and training to enhance profit matrices.
• Increased production at Johnsonville from 32,000 lbs to 55,000 lbs per shift on 2nd shift.
• Eliminated temporary employee positions and moved all permanent full-time employees to 1st shift. This created a better work life balance that resulted in a happier and more productive team and as a result, I achieved higher bottom-line profits.
• Relate well to diverse populations and able to manage people from different cultural backgrounds, gender, age and education levels. Maintain an approachable management style and able to listen well and resolve problems quickly.
• Achieved a 99.5% marketable product quality rating over a 3 ½ year time period at Johnsonville.
• Implemented SPC methodology to increase product quality and reduce giveaway. Leveraged methods learned at Kansas State University to train, lead and motivate the production team.
1991 – 1995
Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
B.S. Business Administration
Majored in Production Operations Management
Aug. 2013 – present
EnerSys, Hays KS
Through continued coaching and one on one focus with my team, I have improved safety, related to lower blood lead levels.
Initiated improvements related to lock out tag out and fall protection programs.
Foster an environment of production quality improvement.
Reduced scrap leading to P & L improvement.
Utilize lean management techniques to improve production efficiencies.
Jan. 2004 – present
Rockn H Ranch, Hays KS
Owner and Operator
Farm and ranching operation.
Breed registered Black Angus.
Sept. 2011 – Aug. 2013
Crosswind Industries, Hiawatha KS
Led a team of 30 on a busy manufacturing production floor.
Enhanced safety programs and safety awareness.
Developed and implemented lean manufacturing techniques that reduced labor costs while simultaneously increasing throughput to plant leading levels.
Oct. 2008 – Feb. 2010
U.S. Food Service, Topeka KS
Route Delivery Driver
Operate CDL Class A delivery truck.
Mar. 2005 – Sept. 2008
Johnsonville, Inc., Holton KS
Led a front-line team of over 50 on the production floor.
Aug. 2002 – Feb. 2004
Rew Materials, Topeka KS
Operate CDL Class A delivery truck and boom.
Feb. 2001 – Feb. 2002
North Brothers, LLC, McCracken KS
Diversified custom harvesting and livestock operation.
Administered the herd health and feeding programs.
Operated custom forage and grain harvesting operations.
Jan. 1996 – Jan. 2001
Hormel Foods, Inc., Wichita KS
Lead Packaging Supervisor
Initially hired as Manufacturing Supervisor and then worked as Lead Packaging Supervisor with 85 direct reports.
Designed and implemented a product identification system, reducing raw material mis-allocations to zero defects.
Served as Curing and Sanitation Supervisor from Nov. 1999 to 2001.
Reduced chemical usage by 17% while increasing production by 9%.
Developed and implemented new hire safety and work practices orientation program.
- Cost Management, Safety Management, team management
Groups & Associations
- American Angus Association, Kansas Angus Association, KSU Alumni Association
1848 total views, 1 today