Full-Time Trailer Service Technician
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Determines trailer condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and failed parts.
· Perform Preventative Maintenance Inspections to comply with DOT regulations
· Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventative maintenance schedules. Corrects equipment deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, component parts or systems such as ABS brake modules, ABS valves, air brake systems, suspension and electrical systems.
· Verifies vehicle performance by conducting system tests
· Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
· Maintains unit appearance by cleaning and washing
· Keeps shop equipment operating by following operational instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance, and making needed repairs. Keeps shop area clean and free of clutter. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications. Enhances service department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Class A CDL highly preferred
· Minimum one (1) year trailer maintenance experience.
· Must possess own tools.
· Capacity to demonstrate technical knowledge of trailer maintenance, materials, methods and tools to perform, prioritize and complete work.
· Utilize critical thinking skills, problem solving abilities, and exercises good judgment when completing tasks in an efficient, correct and productive manner.
· Coordinate tools, resources and equipment to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
· Active listening skills, oral/written comprehension and commitment to perform quality service.
· Basic computer and data entry skills for Windows based software programs e.g. Karmak Fusion software a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft office suite: Outlook, Word helpful.
· Attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Employees must arrive to work prior to the scheduled shift start time, while not taking unscheduled and unauthorized absences as determined by company and departmental guidelines.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
How to Applyhttps://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=44c95020-baa1-4eda-967b-95aabc6f7e79
51 total views, 1 today