Full-Time Program Provider – Sex Offender Programming
Who can apply: Applicants who meet the minimum requirements
Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified Service
Work Schedule: 7:30am to 4:00pm
Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
Compensation: $36,000 to $48,000
* Salary can vary depending upon education, experience, or qualifications.
• Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
• Sick & Vacation leave
• Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
• Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
• Fitness Centers in select locations
• Employee discounts with the STAR Program
• Retirement and deferred compensation programs
Visit the Employee Benefits page for more information…
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
Position Summary: This position provides sex offender programming to moderate and high risk offenders within an adult correctional facility. The programming uses an evidence-based curriculum that relies upon cognitive behavioral interventions, with skills practice, and using core correctional practices, to facilitate groups. This position will also complete progress reports, staff cases with other KDOC staff as necessary to respond to behavior, and complete discharge summaries which reflects progress in the group and recommendations. This position also will conduct advanced practice groups with sex offender programming completers.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Provides sex offender programing using an approved curriculum, maintaining groups as directed, a minimum of three groups of eight to ten sex offenders who have been assessed as nearing treatment. Works with the SOP team to identify offenders for placement in the Sex Offender Program (SOP); forms groups; facilitates groups using an approved curriculum; responds to behavior in groups; tracks progress in groups; prepares reports of progress to relevant caseload carriers; completes detailed comprehensive discharge summaries of each participant upon completion. Ensures full compliance with the approved curriculum, becoming proficient in delivery of the curriculum. Ensures programming is evidence based and delivered with fidelity, participating in fidelity observation, feedback and coaching sessions. Also conducts Advanced Practice groups with completers. Ensures programming is delivered with a warm, empathetic and engaging style, to ensure a therapeutic alliance with participants. Ensures interactions are purposeful and professional, to model pro social behavior and influence the behavior of the participants.
• Monitors and ensures program compliance by participants, including attendance, completion of home work, participation in the group activities, making progress in identifying and addressing risk, skills proficiency, and otherwise fully participating in a positive and pro social manner. Addresses motivation and responsivity on an ongoing basis. In the course of the groups, the incumbent uses core correctional practices to respond to and help change behavior. Becomes proficient in the use of core correctional practice, with booster and practice sessions as needed, seeking and giving coaching to strengthen capacity in CCP. This includes verbal and written responses, as appropriate. This includes responses during the group, and in one on one sessions as appropriate to supplement group work. The incumbent completes risk assessments as directed; and responds to escalations in risk in collaboration with the caseload carrier, supervisor, Clinical Director or other KDOC staff as needed.
• Documents, tracks data, enters information in electronic systems, and otherwise maintains information as directed and necessary for SOP. Makes entries as needed to reflect progress, and timely completes discharge summaries. Attends trainings and skills building sessions as required. Participates in activities self identified, with peers, with supervisor, and otherwise as available to build capacity in delivering robust evidence-based groups with fidelity.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors degree in social work or other social science or counseling field.
• Masters degree in social work, psychology, counseling, marriage and family therapy or other related field.
• Two years experience working with special needs or high risk population.
• One year experience delivering CBT programming.
• Demonstrated skill in following a curriculum in a CBT program.
• Demonstrated skill in using core correctional practices.
• Demonstrated skill in developing a therapeutic alliance through the use of warm, empathetic and respectful communication.
• Working knowledge of evidence based principles for correctional programming.
• Licensed to practice social work in the State of Kansas.
Post-Offer, Pre-employment Requirements: Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Recruiter Contact Information:
Name: Jerry Bauer
Human Resources Manager – Central Office
Required Documents for this Application to be Complete:
On your Careers – My Job Applications page, verify these documents are present and valid. Upload or delete and replace if needed:
* Tax Clearance Certificate
* DD214 (if you are claiming Veteran’s Preference)
Inside this job’s Job Application, upload these documents:
* Tax Clearance (directions to obtain below)
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate Required: Each applicant (even non-residents) applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a valid Kansas Certificate of Tax Clearance by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue’s website. A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual’s account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. A Tax Clearance expires every 90 days. All applicants, including current state employees, are responsible for submitting a valid certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. If you need assistance with the tax clearance, please contact 785-296-3199.
Visit the Tax Clearance site for more information on and where to obtain this Kansas Department of Revenue document.
How to ApplyJob Application Process: • Sign in to your existing account or Register for a new account. • Review and complete your contact information on the My Contact Information page. • Upload documents listed in the Required Documents section of this job posting to the appropriate location. • Complete and Submit your application. • Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter. o Email - the email listed on the Careers>My Contact Information page. o Notifications - view the Careers>My Job Notifications page ________________________________________ See the helpful links below to assist in completing your application: • Instructions: o Job Search o Create an Account o Apply • Frequently Asked Questions ________________________________________ How to Claim Veterans Preference Veterans' Preference Eligible (VPE): Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a "veteran"; under K.S.A. 73-201 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum competency factors of the position. The veterans' preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager. Learn more about claiming Veteran’s Preference ________________________________________ Equal Employment Opportunity The State of Kansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job. If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the agency recruiter. Apply for Job Hyperlinks are available at the www.DiscoverNorton.com website under the jobs icon.
5142 total views, 2 today