Full-Time Power Plant Operator
The City of Russell has an open opportunity available for a full-time Power Plant Operator with the Electric Production department. The primary responsibilities include maintaining continuous operation of the generating units, monitoring the City’s connection with other electric utility systems, and delivering the necessary electrical power to the City’s electrical system. The employee is expected to select the appropriate combination of prime movers and related auxiliary equipment to produce electrical energy and monitor equipment operations for possible malfunctions. Involvement with other department heads and city staff. The employee is subject to other duties as assigned.
• Start, operate, and stop dual-fuel internal combustion engines ranging from 3600 HP to 10,000HP.
• Monitor and adjust output from generators to remain within required limits.
• Monitor temperatures, pressures, and outputs of equipment; record information on plant data logs and forms.
• Perform maintenance and repair of centrifugal and piston pumps, manual and motor operated valves, air compressor, cooling towers and fans and other power plant related machinery.
• Clean and maintain building and facility equipment.
• Assist mechanics as needed.
• Assist other departments and perform other duties as deemed necessary.
• High School Diploma or GED; related technical training and/or college credit is preferred.
• Prior experience in a power plant is preferred.
• Ability to operate diesel/natural gas engines, natural gas turbines, monitor and control electrical generators, knowledge of basic mathematics, and ability to keep detailed records.
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel and SCADA controlled circuits.
• Strong mechanical skills.
• Rotating shift work is required, including weekends.
• Subject to pre-employment drug screening and physical examination.
• Must be a resident of Russell County within six months of hire date.
How to ApplyFor more information and a complete job description, please visit www.russellcity.org. Individuals should submit an application online or mail/fax/email their application to: The City of Russell • Attn: Human Resources • PO Box 112 • Russell, KS 67665 • Fax: 785.483.4397 • Email: email@example.com. EEO/ADA
394 total views, 5 today