Full-Time PEN RIDER
Join our team! High Choice Feeders is looking for a Pen Rider at our Yard II location. We offer competitive compensation which includes 100% employer paid health & dental insurance through BCBS of KS.
Responsibilities & Duties: Monitors and moves cattle in the feed yard on horseback. Ride through assigned pens daily and identify sick animals by observing outward signs of distress. Segregate sick cattle for treatment by driving them to the nearest hospital pen.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Utilize a horse to ride through assigned pens daily.
• Assist in shipment of cattle.
• Move/drive cattle from one area of the yard to another.
• Return treated cattle to home pens from hospitals.
• Return stray animals to home pens.
• Ride horses safely by awareness of surroundings.
• Maintain appearance of break room.
• Maintain cleanliness of horse facilities by sweeping floor and cleaning stalls.
• Report observed pen maintenance issues.
• Alert supervisor to possible problem pens through observance of unusual trends.
• Comply with all applicable safety and animal welfare rules and policies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Cattle handling knowledge and experience.
• Feedlot, sale barn, and/or ranch experience is preferred.
• Must have good horsemanship skills.
• Knowledge of sick or injured cattle, including basic animal health diagnosis.
• Must be a team player.
• High attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to count cattle accurately.
• Excellent safety skills and awareness is needed.
Education and Experience:
• High school graduate or equivalent; or, one to three month’s related experience and/or training.
Physical Requirements: Exerting 50-100 pounds of force occasionally. Sitting, lifting/lowering, pushing/pulling, and reaching/handling/grasping frequently; standing, walking, carrying, bending, twisting, climbing, and crawling occasionally; stairs and kneeling/crouching rarely. Must have corrected vision and hearing within normal range.
Working Conditions: Must be able to ride a horse 8 – 10 hours per day. Subject to both inside & outside weather conditions including extreme cold, heat, noise, hazards, and atmospheric conditions. Regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, airborne particles and vibration. Individual must be able to work holidays, extended hours, and weekends as scheduled.
How to ApplyFollow these links for job requirements and how to apply. https://swks.craigslist.org/lab/d/scott-city-pen-rider/7146424887.html https://www.facebook.com/job_opening/3233697246641517 To be considered for employment, please mail your resume to 553 West Road 40, Scott City, KS 67871 or email HR@highchoicefeeders.com. Applications can be picked up from Yard II, 7721 West Hwy 96, Scott City, KS 67871. Tammy Claussen, PHR, SHRM-CP Human Resources Consultant 308.655.1524
994 total views, 1 today