Full-Time Operator Technician EI&C I-IV
We are seeking a safety-minded individual who is skilled at troubleshooting industrial electric or instrument and controls equipment. If you are a self-motivated person with analytical skills and good interpersonal skills, this position may be for you.
• Put your troubleshooting skills to work.
• Enhance your knowledge of power plant principles, practices, and systems.
• Enjoy the wonderful benefits Sunflower has to offer.
Operate, maintain, and repair low or high-pressure boilers, turbine-generators, combustion turbines, and other generation station equipment. Diagnose and repair electrical, instrument, and control equipment.
• Two year post high school education in industrial electric or instrument and controls and two years progressively responsible industrial electric or instrument and controls experience.
• Successful completion of the Plant Operator Selections System (POSS) test and the Power Plan Maintenance Positions Selection System (MASS) test.
• Mechanical and electronic aptitude, troubleshooting, and repair skills.
• Knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC) Book to locate cable and conduit sizing tables and sections or articles describing the techniques to calculate the sizes.
• Able to use electrical testing equipment and instrument calibration equipment.
• Able to work 12-hour rotating shifts, including holidays and weekends.
Refer to the Responsibility Outline for a complete list of qualifications.
Sunflower Electric Power Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We administer selection tests for a variety of positions. The required tests have been developed by the Edison Electric Institute (EEI), a trade association of investor-owned electric utility companies. We strongly encourage candidates to review all the information, including the sample test brochures, and to use the available practice tests before taking the actual tests, available here:
The username and password are both sunflower. Practice tests provide sample questions and detailed discussions of the correct answers. It’s important to take the practice test as you would the actual one, with similar intensity and concentration. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.
Note: EEI does not allow access to the actual tests. Testing sessions are held at various locations.
How to ApplyPlease apply online at: https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SEPC&cws=37&rid=350
242 total views, 1 today