Full-Time Development Manager
Girl Scouts Vision & Mission
Girl Scouts is a non-partisan, inclusive organization. We are the world’s preeminent leadership development organization for girls, building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
The Development Manager (DM) is an essential member of the Council Fund Development team, focused on identifying and building relationships with prospective donors throughout the Council footprint for the purpose of cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding gifts to support the Annual Fund Program. The DM assists with developing communications strategies to further the Council fundraising capacity. As a member of the Fund Development team, this position manages direct-response communication and solicitation with donors and prospects, analyzes and segments prospect lists, provides outreach and stewardship to a portfolio of prospective donors, and collaborates with ongoing development efforts to meet or exceed the Council’s fundraising goals. Success in this position depends on the candidate’s strong interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, disciplined project management abilities, a belief in the Council’s mission, vision, and case for support, and the energy and enthusiasm to achieve organizational goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Broadens the base of donors and secures financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations by securing gifts and/or pledges from current and prospective donors through identification, cultivation, solicitation, retention, and stewardship.
• Utilizes direct-response communication and fundraising tools (in-person visits, donor calls, direct mail, email, website, social media) to inform, engage, connect, solicit, and steward donors and prospective donors to support the Council through philanthropic giving.
• Ensures donor-related communications are timely and accurate to promote the goals and mission of the Council. This includes any assigned donor concerns, requests, and gift administration.
• Conducts research to identify new prospects, develops strategy to connect with new prospects to inspire philanthropic giving to the Council, and executes that strategy to increase fundraising revenue.
• Plans and executes Council donor events to recognize and steward donors throughout the year.
• Develops and executes individual stewardship plans for donors, including preparation and submission of all required proposals and reports.
• With the Director, plays a key role in the Council’s Alumni Engagement Initiative by identifying, tracking, and engaging Girl Scout Alumni.
• Handles sensitive or confidential donor information, communications, and public relations issues in a professional manner.
• Represents the Council at community events, developing and maintain relationships with donors and community leaders in order to increase the financial capacity and awareness of the Council.
• Possesses superior project management skills with the ability to coordinate activities and communications with various stakeholders and tasks in order to deliver high-quality results in a timely manner by working independently and conceptualizing and executing projects.
• Partners with the Council’s Fund Development and Communications teams to design and implement communication and solicitation strategies specifically directed to individuals, foundations/trusts, and corporations to meet or exceed fundraising goals.
• Develops a consistent process for analyzing and integrating data from annual appeals and results of prospect research into direct response communication and solicitation.
• Monitors, reports on, and analyzes outcomes of direct-response communication and solicitation.
• Works with the Fund Development team to ensure coordination of the Council’s development efforts, including conducting research and preparing overview on individuals, corporations, and foundations/trusts prior to donor calls by Director, CEO, and/or Board Members.
• Collaborates with Council and GSUSA staff to identify untapped markets of interest and to generate ideas, programs, and concepts to engage potential donors.
How to Applyhttps://www.kansasgirlscouts.org/en/our-council/careers.html email@example.com
33 total views, 2 today