Full-Time Cashier / Bookkeeper
General Description and Purpose:
Responsible for collecting all college income, reconciling deposits with the daily cash deposits to the bank, petty cash transactions and travel advances, disbursing funds and reconciling accounts. Responsible for tracking residence life students, coordinating with Residence Life Director and cafeteria regarding residence life and meal charges.
1. Make daily deposits of all funds above the amounts approved for the cash drawer operations.
2. Count and deposit monies from all athletic events, plays, dances, and all special events.
3. Maintain accurate sales tax records and make the necessary reports and payments on a timely basis.
4. Work with and back up the Students Accounts Clerk in the collection of student accounts.
5. Keep student accounts receivable data current and accurate.
6. Operate the cashier window including: accepting payments from students, accepting deposits from clubs, faculty, etc., cashing checks, making change, dispensing information, balancing cash drawer, providing operating cash for all events and projects.
7. Dispense GSL and Pell financial aid checks.
8. Collect on past due student accounts and collect insufficient funds checks, report and monitor collection account balance.
9. Distribute refund checks to students on overpayment of accounts.
10. Responsible for all petty cash transactions and travel advances, which includes disbursing funds and reconciling accounts. Within the travel fund this includes keeping track of the money out within a fund and all the monies have been turned back to the fund before the next advance is received.
11. Responsible for issuing credit cards, tracking receipts for use of credit cards and insuring cards are turned back in timely.
12. Track residence life students and reconcile charges with meal plan lists and residence life director, monitoring dorm violations for application to student accounts.
13. Assist Student Accounts Coordinator during peak registration times with processing enrollments and add/drops.
14. Perform annual inventory as directed by Controller
15. Other duties as assigned.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks:
1. Student Accounts Clerk on the distribution of student payments and student billings.
2. Consult with Student Services and Director of Housing regarding dorm residents, their applications and contracts.
3. Admissions Office on the enrollment of students so proper charges can be made to the students.
4. Controller to insure monies are receipted to the proper accounts.
5. Student Accounts Clerk on keeping students’ data current and accurate.
6. Provide advice to the Vice President of Finance and Operations and to the Controller on collecting past accounts and account receivable management.
Supervises the Following Staff:
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics:
1. Computer skills, accounting skills, public relations skills required.
2. Accuracy in handling money and making deposits to various bank accounts required.
3. This position requires a person who can work well with students, parents, staff, and the public.
4. Excellent data entry and 10 key skills required.
5. Must be well organized with ability to work independently.
Two years previous work experience as cashier, accountant, or similar office work required.
Some college level accounting course work required.
Certifications and/or Licensure:
Certificate or degree in accounting, business or computers preferred.
How to ApplyExcellent Benefit Package: Employer paid Health and Dental Insurance plus vacation, sick leave, personal days, tuition remission to include family, etc. Send completed employment application, resume and transcripts to Personnel Director, Pratt Community College, 348 NE S.R. 61, Pratt, KS 67124. 620-450-2139. Visit our web site www.prattcc.edu to apply online or download application. AA/EOE
1274 total views, 1 today