Full-Time Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach / Residential Supervisor
General Description and Purpose:
The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach is delegated the responsibility for assisting in the development, organization, supervision, and management of the women’s basketball program.
1. Understand, support and enforce all policies, athletic as well as academic, as expressed by the Board of Trustees and administration of Pratt Community College. This will be done in letter, intent and spirit.
2. Actively seek and maintain professional and friendly relations with the following: administration and faculty, community, Beaver Backers Booster Club, press and media, students and parents.
3. Assist the head coach in implementing a long range plan for the improvement of the basketball program.
4. Support and assist the head coach in all practice and game settings deemed necessary.
5. Assist the head coach with schedules, budgets and inventory of the basketball program.
6. Assist the head coach in monitoring and maintaining practice facilities.
7. Remain current with professional literature, attending clinics and workshops as available.
8. Be an active member of the Beaver Backers Booster Club, and actively participate in fund-raising for the athletic program, including respective sport.
9. Help monitor and maintain practice facilities.
10. Participate with the head coach in an annual evaluation of the basketball program.
11. Assist the head coach in monitoring all women’s basketball student athletes living on or off-campus.
12. Recruit student athletes who are in good social standing not only in their respective high schools, but in their communities as well.
13. Work towards preserving the student athletes’ acceptable social standing in both the institution and the Pratt community.
14. Assist recruiting sufficient numbers necessary to operate a meaningful program and to add to the student population as well.
15. Assist Head Coach in monitoring academic progress of student athletes and promoting a culture of academic excellence.
16. Other duties as assigned by Head Women’s Basketball Coach and Athletic Director.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks:
Remain current with and abide by NJCAA and Jayhawk Conference rules and regulations.
Supervises the Following Staff:
Assists with the supervision of all student workers involved with the program including managers, statistician, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics:
1. Willingness to understand the community college role and mission.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with staff, faculty, administration and community.
3. Ability to communicate with and command respect from students and serve as a role model to them.
Coaching and/or playing experience at the college and/or high school level required..
Bachelor’s degree required; master’s preferred.
Certifications and/or Licensure:
Office and basketball court settings.
Position requires evening and weekend work
How to ApplyExcellent Benefit Package: Employer paid Health and Dental Insurance plus vacation, sick leave, personal days, tuition remission to include family, etc. Send completed employment application, resume and transcripts to Personnel Director, Pratt Community College, 348 NE S.R. 61, Pratt, KS 67124. 620-450-2139. Visit our web site www.prattcc.edu to apply online or download application. AA/EOE
266 total views, 1 today