Full-Time Anticipated English Instructor
• Teach English classes: Assignment will be made up of English courses which include English Composition I and II, developmental reading and writing, literature, and workplace writing.
• Willingness to accept a course schedule that may vary from semester to semester. Assignments may include evening courses and teaching via alternative delivery systems, such as online
• Advise current and prospective students in appropriate curricula
• Assist in selecting textbooks, developing curricula, completing reports, and tracking and entering assessment data
• Plan and implement appropriate activities to supplement instruction
• Plan, revise, and update curricula, as well as grade and assess student learning
• Maintain skills in teaching methods and course development as recommended by Pratt Community College
• Participate, as possible, in faculty development activities at the college and within state and regional organizations
• Serve actively on institutional committees
• Maintain records and files as requested by the department and/or Vice President of Instruction
• Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly, and successfully complete the responsibilities of the position
• Comply with Pratt Community College policies, procedures, and practices
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Department Chairperson or the Vice President of Instruction
• Master’s degree in English required. Will consider Master’s degree in another discipline with 18 graduate hours in English
• Ability and interest in teaching
• Three years teaching experience; college teaching experience desired
• Ability to work cooperatively with college and high school instructors
• Ability and willingness to teach via alternative delivery systems including online and/or other distance education modes
• Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with staff, students, faculty and other Pratt Community College stakeholders
• Ability to plan, revise, and update curricula
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, racial, socioeconomic, gender and disabilities populations
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in a student-centered environment
• Physical requirements include excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills; the ability to understand words and respond effectively and appropriately; visual acuity to view a computer terminal; light/indoor work environment
• The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions about the position and its responsibilities is essential.
o The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
SALARY and STATUS:
The salary is commensurate with qualifications as determined by the Master Agreement Salary Schedule. This full-time faculty position is 9-months annual, due process rights eligible, benefit eligible, and exempt.
Start date: 2020 Fall semester
How to ApplyAPPLICATION: For full consideration, apply online at www.prattcc.edu send completed PCC employment application, resume, and copies of transcripts to Personnel Director, Pratt Community College, 348 NE S.R. 61, Pratt, KS 67124. 620-450-2139. AA/EOE Transcripts – The hired candidate will be required to submit official, non-issued to student, transcripts.
329 total views, 2 today