Full-Time Agriculture Diesel Service Technician – Ellinwood
Agricultural Diesel Service Technician
LDI is seeking skilled and highly motivated Diesel Service Technicians to join our team!
A successful candidate will be detail oriented, self-motivated, and efficient. This individual will analyze, service, perform maintenance operations and repair agriculture machinery and equipment including tractors, combines, sprayers, planting, tillage, and hay equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Service Manager, this position:
• Performs diagnostics and determines repair needs for customer vehicles or agricultural equipment, and establishes plan to repair
• Coordinates with the Parts Department to acquire parts required for service work on customer equipment
• Accurately records labor hours and stating all work performed
• Makes Service Manager and customer aware of any additional repairs needed
• Prepares new equipment prior to initial customer delivery
• Works productively to maintain shop safety
• Informs Service Manager in a timely manner of any issues related to the service operations of the location
• Attends required meeting as scheduled
• Responsible for any other duties that may be assigned by the Service Manager
The Service Technician must:
• Have extensive knowledge of agricultural equipment, diesel trucks, and related engines and equipment
• Maintain and cultivate a professional relationship with fellow employees, company owners, customers, and product vendors
• Be computer literate and possess the ability to learn and utilize software such as CDK Global Business system, AGCO Diagnostic Tools, manufacturer’s parts systems, spreadsheets, and email
• Be able to safely operate a forklift truck, hoists, and other specialty equipment, and be able to maintain shop safety practices within OSHA guidelines
• High School diploma or GED required
• Technical or Associate’s degree in Agricultural or Diesel Mechanics is preferred
• Minimum of 2-years progressive experience in farm equipment, diesel truck, or automotive service operations recommended
• Related mechanical repair experience will be considered
• Valid driver’s license
• Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records check, and background check required
• Provide personal tools for basic mechanic work – specialized tools are provided by the company
LDI offers competitive wages based on experience and a benefit package that includes paid health insurance, 401K retirement plan, paid holidays, paid time off, performance based incentives, overtime, uniforms, and other optional benefits.
In 1988, Lang Diesel, Inc. opened for business from one tool box and has since grown into an industry leader in the farm equipment retail market with 12 locations across the state of Kansas.
LDI is committed to securing the success of our customers and continued growth of the agriculture industry by providing the best quality products, parts, and service, and building a team of well trained, value driven employees ready to meet customer demands.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Complete an application online at www.langdieselinc.com/Careers or stop by the Ellinwood Location at 15 SE 90 Ave, (620) 564-2255.
1320 total views, 5 today